Halloween is definitely more treat than trick, but that doesn’t mean that the occasion doesn’t warrant concern, especially on behalf of your four-legged friends! In order to ease your mind of any of these worries, we have put together a list that will keep you informed and aware of your surroundings, and the potentials for danger that may arise this October 31st.
Fads come and go. Between humans and animals, it’s hard to keep up with what’s “hip” these days. However, sometimes fads crop up that, although cute and eye-catching, are truly dangerous to your pet’s health.
Here are a few pet-related trends to avoid:
- Nail Polish
- Nail polish contains hazardous ingredients that are toxic to animals
- Fumes can cause dizziness and headaches in your pet
- Can cause dangerous health issues if ingested (and considering some pets bite their own nails as part of grooming, this is a serious risk!)
- Hair Dye
- Pets groom themselves and could ingest harmful toxins from the dye
- The chemicals can cause vomiting, diarrhea and pose serious health risks
- Irritation from the dye can cause itching and burning of the skin and cause open wounds and painful lesions if your pet scratches too much
- Cause injury to the skin
- Likelihood of infection rises due to grooming
- Animals may have a negative reaction to the dye used
- Invasive and painful
- Can cause painful scarring and permanent skin irritation
- Again, due to grooming, the likelihood of infection is heightened
Pets don’t have a strong immune system like humans do. As our pets cannot voice their own input on these matters, so they rely on us to make sure that our decisions are in their best interest. As such, we need to make sure that we are educated on any and all health risks associated with choices we make involving them.
Your “how to” blog post should teach the reader how to do something by breaking it down into a series of steps.
Begin your blog post by explaining what problem you are going to solve through your explanation and be sure to include any relevant keywords. Add in a personal story to establish your credibility on this topic. And make sure to end your blog post with a summary of what your reader will gain by following your lead.
Need some inspiration? Check out these "How-To" examples from the HubSpot blog: